Press Releases / News
02/06/2023, Viability Questioned After GE Ryegrass Application Withdrawn
10/05/2023, Secret talks to Allow GE Seeds Without Regulation Threatens New Zealand Farmers
01/05/2023, International Community Mourns Loss of Leading Advocate for Organic Food
27/04/2023, Impossible Burger Stops Using GMO Soy protein As Its Main Ingredient in NZ
20/04/2023, Call for Review of New Zealand's Approval of GE Rice
30/03/2023, New Zealand Native Bees Are Under Threat From The Toxic Pesticide Thiamethoxam
29/03/2023, Organic Bill Welcomed to Future-Proof Exports and Take Action on Climate Change.
18/03/2023, Federated Farmers' LifeSciences Push to Loosen GE Regulation is a Threat to Farmers and Exports.
14/02/2023, Lesson for NZ in drought tolerant maize pushed on Africa by Monsanto
13/12/2022, House of Lords' Concern for Gene Editing 'Skeleton' Bill is a Warning for NZ Lawmakers
04/12/2022, FSANZ Plan to Deregulate Gene Editing Threatens Consumer Choice and Food Safety
19/10/2022, EPA make right decision on three toxic organophosphates
09/10/2022, GE trees unknown irreversible impacts threaten fragile ecosystems.
07/09/2022, Costly research and little success from GE Ryegrass Trials
22/07/2022, Greens Called to Reinstate Toi Te Taiao -The Bioethics Council
01/06/2022, Will NZ really miss out by not adopting synthetic biology (GE) technology?
09/05/2022, Countdown GMO Impossible Burger goes to Commerce Commission.
02/05/2022, New Zealand Must Support Global Regulation of Synthetic Biology 'Pandora's Box'
28/04/2022, Impossible Burger Dropped from NZ Supermarket Site
20/04/2022, Productivity Commission's Report Advances GE Deregulation Threatening Safe Food Reputation and Ignores Animal Cruelty.
10/04/2022, Key and Jackson Urged to Intervene against Impossible Burger’s Green Washing.
03/04/2022, Kua hinga he totara i te wao nui a Tane.
15/03/2022, Countdown Customers Warned About GMO 'Impossible' Burger
21/02/2022, AgResearch's GE Clover a Costly Risk ignoring Existing Solutions to Methane Reduction
24/12/2021, Renowned Scientist who warned that 'Tiny' Genetic Changes Matter has Died.
19/11/2021, Uncontrollable Species Collapse Too High a Price for GE predator control
10/11/2021, New GE Impossible Burger Should Carry Warning label
02/10/2021, New Zealand Must Not Block Global Consultation of Synthetic Biology
24/09/2021, 'Bizarre' Approval of Golden Rice in New Zealand Shows Dark Side of Biotech
01/08/2021, Kiwi Gardeners' Familiar Herbicide Pulled from US Shelves
07/07/2021, Minister Urged to Intervene As Consumers Lose Out With Irradiated Food Approval
18/06/2021, Ministry Wrong to See Future in GE Cigarettes
10/06/2021, Commission Report Loses Sight of Sustainable Agriculture
14/05/2021, NZ Scientists warned about danger of GE Viruses and Microbes
11/04/2021, New Zealand Food Safety Minister Silenced in TransTasman GE Forum
26/03/2021, Silent Spring 2.0? - Gene-Silencing Pesticides Could Devastate Non-Target Species
14/03/2021, March 17th: 'D-Day' for Deregulation of Genetic Engineering
25/02/2021, Organic Products Bill a Major Boost for Exporters.
31/01/2021, NZ and EU reject Gene Edited Organisms; Government Urged to ensure strong GE regulation
13/12/2020, Shopper Warning As Approval Given For Pesticide Corn
01/12/2020, Petition for the Regulation of Gene Edited Foods.
15/11/2020, Level of Animal Suffering 'Unacceptable' in AgResearch GE Experiments
27/10/2020, Gene Editing a Hot Debate
18/10/2020, Gene Editing Forum: Stacked Attack on GM Regulation.
05/09/2020, Scientists Raise Safety Concerns For Glyphosate-Resistant GE Foods
30/08/2020, New Zealand Needs its Own Food Safety Standards Authority
13/08/2020, Protection from GE for Northland Growers and Exporters Welcomed.
31/07/2020, Safety Regulations for GE Under Threat
19/07/2020, Call for Politicians to Keep Regulation on Gene Editing.
17/06/2020, Precautionary Provisions on Genetic Engineering are Welcome.
14/04/2020, GE Corn Resistant to Twelve Pesticides a Poisonous Cocktail.
13/03/2020, Are Australian GE Regulators threatening New Zealand’s food chain?
07/03/2020, Mourning the Passing of A Great New Zealander
28/02/2020, New Ryegrass Benefits Farmers, Export Reputation, and Environment.
29/01/2020, Regional Fight to Keep the Waikato GE Free.
19/01/2020, Application for GMO ‘Imitation Blood’ Raises Concerns
15/12/2019, NZ Should Emulate South Australia's GE Moratorium
17/11/2019, Do GE developers really know what they are doing?
08/10/2019, Are Experimental GE Factory Farm Animals Vivisection?
20/09/2019, Extinction Technology Fails and Creates Super Hybrid GE Mosquitoes
12/09/2019, Community Support for Councils' appeal on GMO's.
09/09/2019, Cruelty Concerns for Gene Edited Animals, More Than Reputation At Risk
04/09/2019, Federated Farmers Challenged For Backing GE-Rygrass
14/08/2019, FDA findings undermine Royal Society Call for GE Deregulation
02/08/2019, GE Regulation In New Zealand Is Robust And Fit For Purpose
16/07/2019, Council Vote Leaves Northlanders Feeling Betrayed
11/06/2019, US Regulators' Industry Ties Cast Doubt on Decisions by NZ Authorities
25/05/2019, Scientists Warn about risks of Gene Editing Deregulation
30/04/2019, Warning Against 'Wild West' of Gene Editing
29/03/2019, Lessons for NZ Farmers in Cancer Link to Glyphosate Based Herbicides
11/03/2019, Councils Will Not Be Left Liable for Illegal GMO Use or Contamination
03/03/2019, GE Animal investments Put Fonterra's Reputation and Exports At Risk
20/02/2019, Regenerative farming better for NZ than GM in agriculture and environment.
14/01/2019, Pipped at the Post - 'GE Forbidden Fruit' Developers beaten to market
01/12/2018, UN requires regulatory assessment of gene drives
05/11/2018, Open Letter - Glyphosate Based Herbicides Reassessment
01/11/2018, Communities to Council: Please Keep Northland GE Free
05/10/2018, Gene Editing Drives into Dangerous Unknown Territory.
18/09/2018, Regulate New GE Techniques or Quit Trans Tasman Food Authority
30/08/2018, Visiting Expert Speaks on Gene Technology For Food, Agriculture and Biosafety
13/08/2018, Government Urged to Review Glyphosate Based Herbicides
02/08/2018, EU Decision on Gene Editing Technologies Supports NZ legislation
17/07/2018, GE Ryegrass Trials Results An Illusion
06/07/2018, Is Air Zealand disregarding regulations for food and passenger safety?
28/06/2018, Calls for an independent Bioethics Council to be reestablished.
07/06/2018, Wellington Council Urged to Join Other Councils With Regional GMO Rules
19/05/2018, Border Control for Gene Kits Urgently Needed
16/04/2018, International Stand against FSANZ Approval of 'Golden Rice'
25/02/2018, Appeal Sought Against GE 'Golden Rice'
23/02/2018, Golden Rice Approval For New Zealand - A Big Mistake
23/01/2018, Minister urged to immediately call for a review of the GM rice.
18/12/2017, Warning Against Gene-Drive Hype Provided by AgResearch Gene Experiment
23/11/2017, Government Urged, Protect New Zealand’s GE-Free Advantage in the CPTPP
14/11/2017, Scientists Warn New-Style GMOs Must Not Escape Regulation.
03/11/2017, Northland Regional Council can introduce precautionary GMO provisions.
27/10/2017, The Government's Focus on the Environment is Welcomed by GE-Free NZ.
02/10/2017, Food Standards Approval Ignores Possible Dangers Of GE Potatoes.
28/08/2017, Protecting GE-Free Advantage Makes Economic Sense For New Zealand
09/08/2017, Environmental Guidance in Forestry Standards Is Welcomed
03/08/2017, EPA Failings Leave New Zealand Vulnerable to Toxicity of Common Herbicide
20/07/2017, USA Public Slam NZ Biotech Company
04/07/2017, Alarm Bells Ring Over Threat of GE Trees
13/06/2017, GMO Potatoes Are A Threat To Public Health
09/06/2016, Illegal GE flowers Could Be In NZ
24/05/2017, Is 2,4-D laden GM cotton seed oil, banned in EU, being used in New Zealand restaurants?
04/05/2017, Chinese Consumers Proving Advantage of NZ's GE-Free Positioning
03/04/2017, Indigenous Peoples’ to Maori Party: Protect Communities’ Right to be GM Free
16/03/2017, Maori Party Must Protect Future of GE-free Regions
09/03/2017, Minister's Plan Threatens Economic Sabotage
02/02/2017, Public funds wasted offshore as AgResearch trials GE ryegrass in the US
17/01/2017, International Research finds GE foods not "Substantially Equivalent"
22/12/2016, New Zealand's GE Free Success Story saved in 2016
23/11/2016, Maori Party support of RMA Bill Threatens GE-Free Zones
26/10/2016, International Monsanto Tribunal takes steps towards prosecution for ecocide.
23/09/2016, GE Free crop zone from Auckland to Cape Reinga.
11/09/2016, Native Tree Plan Shows Positive Face of Scion’s Research
05/09/2016, Call for Dr. Smith’s resignation.
23/08/2016, Proposal to stop labelling of GM food would deny consumers basic right to know.
16/08/2016, 'Superficial' EPA Report ignores Harmful Effects From Herbicide Ingredients
30/07/2016, Minister's Threat to Modify Democracy Is A Step Too Far
06/07/2016, National Environment Standard for Plantation Forestry put timber exports at risk.
20/06/2016, History of Failures Warrants Local Say on GMOs
31/05/2016, MPI, Pork and Chicken Producers Urged to Halt GE-feed Imports
20/05/2016, GE Crop Report details problems and solutions.
13/05/2016, NZ Dairy exports vulnerable to unapproved GM animal-feed
27/04/2016, Breach by EPA and AgResearch on GE Animal Experiments
11/04/2016, NZ Brands like Tegel worth more if they go GE Free and organic
31/03/2016, NZ Farmers Need Protection Against Damaging Agribusiness
06/03/2016, Deceptive New Bill Creates Ministerial Dictatorship
17/02/2016, Farmers Quit, Feel Betrayed by Federated Farmers Leadership
10/02/2016, Fed Farmers Misguided in Push For GMOs
24/12/2015, Ministry Ignores Thousands of Public Submissions
27/11/2015, FSANZ approval dangerous as damaging Herbicide is de registered.
18/11/2015, NZ Regulators Are Ignoring Pesticide Additives that Damage Human Health
02/11/2015, Protection of NZ's GE-Free Environment Requires Containment of GE Vaccine Experiment
23/10/2015, Report Uncovers Dismal Record of GE Animal Experiments in New Zealand.
08/10/2015, NZ's Marketing Difference for Exports Jeopardised by TPPA
14/09/2015, A victory for bees.
08/09/2015, “GMO’s today cannot be part of a solution for a sustainable future!”
27/08/2015, Ministry of Primary Industries must test for GE in shipments.
13/08/2015, MPI receives 16,000 submissions on NES-PF.
26/07/2015, Will GE Trees bring economic suicide?
07/07/2015, National Environmental Standards - a National train wreck
03/07/2015, Addressing the Science?
15/06/2015, Hazardous changes to New Organisms Act.
08/06/2015, Are cattle dying from a GE sweet beet?
25/05/2015, Sri Lanka bans Glyphosate.
17/05/2015, Communities have a right to say "No to GMO!"
27/04/2015, Strong Support for Clarification of GMO Council Jurisdiction
25/03/2015, Increased Childhood Illnesses Linked To Exposure to Herbicides.
22/03/2015, UN Pesticide Warning Adds To Risks for Fonterra and New Zealand Exports
02/03/2015, Kiwis Join Global Vigil Against GE trees
31/01/2015, Forests At Risk from Secret Trade Deal and GE Trees Partnerships
11/01/2015, Studies Show New Zealand Farmers Ahead of the Game
12/12/2014, Flawed Corporate Culture Undermines Food Safety
26/11/2014, US Warning against GMO threat
12/11/2014, Government Freeze On Toxic Biotech Crops Urgently Needed
29/10/2014, Trade Deal Threatens Farmers and Food Businesses
21/10/2014, Evidence Supports GE Moratorium, Not Fed. Farmers Push for GE-feed.
16/10/2014, World Food Day promotes Agroecology not GE technology
15/09/2014, Questions Raised Over Cow Deaths
29/08/2014, Fonterra China Deal Demands Safe Supply Chain
26/08/2014, Dairy farmers and consumers at risk from unapproved DDG GE Grain
15/08/2014, China Conference Highlights Food Safety and Sustainable Agriculture
22/07/2014, Loss of AgResearch Scientists is Detrimental For Farmers
08/07/2014, Leader's Vision Is a Threat to Farmers' Future
24/06/2014, Rat Study Shows Consumers At Risk
29/05/2014, Handful of GE Farmers Could Destroy NZ Agricultural Choices.
23/05/2014, EPA Failure Still Leaves Exporters In Firing Line
15/05/2014, Ag-Chemicals Implicated in Rise of Disease
04/05/2014, Risks of Pesticide Induced Cancer Must Not Be Ignored By Advisory Council
15/04/2014, Federated Farmers Leaders' Agenda Put Exports at Risk
03/04/2014, Myths Revealed About Safety of Genetically Engineered Food
26/03/2014, Industry Trying to Use TPPA to Stop Labelling of GM Food
20/03/2014, NZ Courts Disaster With GE Fodder Crops While Existing Solutions Ignored by AgResearch
15/03/2014, Approval of GE Crops Has descended Into a Farce
23/02/2014, Lack of Responsible Oversight Puts Everyone at Risk
20/02/2014, Former USDA Official Warns Farmers Against GE Contamination.
10/02/2014, Backing for Local Right of Protection Against Risks of GMOs
16/01/2014, 'Put Food Safety First':Food Minister must reject "The Suicide Chemical" GE soybean
06/01/2014, Prime Minister Urged to Meet Mayor of Hawaii County to Learn About GM Ban
15/12/2013, Speaker Brings Global Perspective on GE
02/12/2013, Public Support GE-Free Zones
26/11/2013, Precaution Vital to Prevent GE Contamination
04/11/2013, Farmers Can Future-proof with Mixed Forage plants
26/10/2013, NZ's Achilles Heel: Scientists Warn of Harm from GE Food
16/10/2013, New Zealand under scrutiny on WORLD FOOD DAY
04/10/2013, Seed Security Vital for New Zealand
27/09/2013, GE foods toxicity create major disturbance to health
24/09/2013, End Of The Line For Food Sovereignty?
18/09/2013, Institute Backs New Zealand Moratorium on GM release
09/09/2013, Appeal For Safety Tests of New GE Food
03/09/2013, NZ Inc at Risk from TPP deal on GMOs.
12/08/2013, Fonterra at Risk from GM Rye-grass
11/08/2013, Gaping Hole Created by Change to RMA, Weakening Governance and Democracy
02/08/2013, Concern for GE Animals in AgResearch Restructure
31/07/2013, Scientists Back GE Moratorium In India and New Zealand
22/07/2013, 'Astonishing' Rejection of Science By Food Safety Minister
18/07/2013, China Warning for New Zealand on GE food
03/07/2013, Councils Threatened by Central Government Must Not Cave In
27/06/2013, NZ Exports and Regional Development Face Destruction If Minister Changes GMO Rules
23/06/2013, Food Safety Minister to table “GE Freeze” Petition.
06/06/2013, Minister receives 1000+ signature petition to review GE foods.
30/05/2013, US Wheat imports must be tested for unapproved GE contamination
26/05/2013, New Zealand Marchers “Don’t want GMO’s.
22/05/2013, New Zealand a GE Free Nation - Keep Monsanto's GE seeds out.
16/05/2013, Anger against the “deafness” and “conflict of interest” of GE food regulators
23/04/2013, GE plants a major source of formaldehyde exposure?
19/04/2013, Concern Raised on Impact of GE in Formula.
26/03/2013, Scientists Warn on GE Food Safety Protocol
19/03/2013, Time To End Subsidy for GE Self-Sabotage
18/03/2013, Food Safety Regulations Under Scrutiny
14/03/2013, Definition of 'Milk' Must Not be Changed Under FDA / TPP Agreements
26/02/2013, Deal with Federated Farmers Opens Way for GMOs in Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
20/02/2013, Auckland Council Slammed Over Consultation on GMOs
17/02/2013, World First' approval of 2-4-D Food Crops Based on Flawed Science
13/02/2013, Unelected Officers Hold Undue Sway Over Auckland Council
10/02/2013, Auckland Council Vote is Vital Test for Local Democracy
05/03/2013, Councils Must Learn Lessons of Leaky Buildings and Control GMOs
23/01/2013, New Minister Urged to Intervene After Viral Gene Found in GE crops
13/01/2013, Ministry Passes Buck to Disputes Committee On GE Food
10/01/2013, Approval of GE Salmon is a Concern for New Zealand
18/12/2012, New Zealand Food Safety Undermined by Secret Deal with FDA
11/12/2012, Seed Discovery Makes Increased Biosecurity and Scrutiny of Feed Vital
26/11/2012, Trade Stance Threatens Farmers With Cost of Bio-security Insurance
22/11/2012, Public Demand Authorities "Stop the Clock" on GE soybean toxic cocktail
08/11/2012, Obama's Legacy - The Right to Know What's In Food?
06/11/2012, Vote in California Will Impact TPPA Trade Deal
05/11/2012, Scientists Fight Over GE Moratorium in India
04/11/2012, Loss of Value For Fonterra From Imported GE feed
31/10/2012, Public Become Lab Rats in FSANZ Cocktail Approval
27/10/2012, Authority Begins Approval of New Generation '2,4-D Soy'
18/10/2012, Fonterra And Federated Farmers Owe it to New Zealand to Reject GE-feed
15/10/2012, World Food Day - Call For Accountability
08/10/2012, Increased Sprays On GE Crops Threaten The Health of New Zealanders
02/10/2012, BLG lacking cows frightening development not a breakthrough
30/09/2012, Authorities Slow to Recall GE Maize Linked to Tumours
24/09/2012, Animal Tumours Demand FSANZ Follows Science not Opinion
20/09/2012, Animal Feeding Studies Prompt Food Safety Alert
17/09/2012, New Zealand Scientist Leads Scrutiny of Novel Food Risks
13/09/2012, Crown Research Institute Speaks With Forked Tongue In Opposing GMO Accountability
01/09/2012, 'Find Ethical Path' Biotech Delegates Urged: "Don't be Evil"
30/08/2012, Otago Uni. Genetics Lecture Outdated and Unfair
28/08/2012, Farmers Face Dire Reality As GE Crops Backfire
26/08/2012, Otago University Genetics Lecture 'Outdated' and Likely to Mislead
20/08/2012, AgBio Conference Guests Fight Amongst Themselves
14/08/2012, Māori Must Demand Moderation, Not Extreme Science from Agbio Leaders
04/08/2012, Rise in Pesticide Use in GE Food Must Not Be Ignored
31/07/2012, Warning for Farmers Against GE Crops
26/07/2012, Farmers GE awareness tour NZ
18/07/2012, Stagg's Chili Holds GE Surprise for Customers
13/07/2012, Higher Levels of Toxins in GE Foods.
22/06/2012, EPA Hears GE Promise But Not All The Facts
19/06/2012, GE Scientists Warn Against GE Food
06/06/2012, Ombudsmen help sought on Trans Tasman jurisdiction.
01/06/2012, Dow's 'Stacked' Chemical-Resistant Soy Coming to NZ
06/05/2012, Harm to Mothers from GE-Soy Must be Investigated
02/05/2012, GE-Weeds Costing Farmers Dearly
14/04/2012, Time to End Public Money Wasted on GE pine trees at Scion?
09/04/2012, GE Maize and Soya bean Foods Could Be Illegal and Dangerous to Health
12/03/2012, GE-Free Status a Benefit For NZ, Chinese Decision Shows
05/03/2012, NZ Farmers Could Face Impact of Monsanto Court Win Through TPPA
01/02/2012, Tribunal Appeal Against 2,4 D-resistant Corn
15/01/2012, New Corn Hybrid Could Benefit NZ Growers
09/01/2012, NZ Food Authority Being Used By US Biotech Company
14/12/2011, China Symposium on 'GMO Technology and Human Security'
05/12/2011, MADGE 'Copy in' Minister to Trace and Label GM Food.
24/11/2011, NZ Must Support US Consumers on GM Labelling
21/11/2011, Government Research Agenda Goes Against New Zealand Brand
16/11/2011, Minister's Backing for '2,4-D' Corn Not Good for Public Health
08/11/2011, 'Pure NZ' Quality Standards Face Destruction Under TPPA
19/10/2011, Rich is Wrong For World Food Day Criticism
16/10/2011, NZ Joins Millions Against Monsanto and R2K on World Food Day
15/10/2011, GE Food Fight Returns To Supermarkets
13/10/2011, Rugby World Cup Visitors Back GE-free Policy for New Zealand
06/10/2011, Bizarre Advice To Editors from NZ Science Media Centre
02/10/2011, Call for Moratorium as Farmers Switch Off GE-Canola, and Sales Fall
28/09/2011, Official Smokescreen Undermines Science & Food Safety
14/09/2011, Supermarkets Asked to Pull GE Maize After Study Finds GE Feed Toxic
12/09/2011, Call for Review of Contaminated Gardasil Vaccine
25/08/2011, Minister Called To Intervene Against 2,4-D in Food
17/08/2011, Lesson for NZ: New Herbicide Withdrawn As Side Effects Disclosed
15/08/2011, In Honour of Sir Paul Reeves
11/08/2011, Consumers Want GM Pulled Off Shelves: UK Study
02/08/2011, Compromise of Biosecurity and Brand Too High a Price for TPPA Deal
25/07/2011, Fear of New Toxic Soy Bean Cocktail
19/07/2011, Human Trials of GE-Wheat Unethical
04/07/2011, Federated Farmers "lobbying" Role Must Not Conflict With New Zealand GE Free Values
24/06/2011, Minister Must Act On AgResearch Chicanery
10/06/2011, E.coli Raises Issues for Food Authority Approvals
24/05/2011, Maternal Blood Tests Cause for Rethink on GE Science Advice
20/05/2011, Major Problems For Bio-Security as AgResearch Chops Roles
16/05/2011, Infant Nutrition Council Misleading Parents With Attack
10/05/2011, Parents Warned Over Oz Baby Formula
05/05/2011, GE Cover-Up or Just Bad Science?
03/05/2011, GE Red Apple Scientists Pipped to the Post - A Great Idea for Mother's Day
01/05/2011, AgResearch Ignoring Bio-security Risks
15/04/2011, Whangarei District Council moves to protect its community from GE
14/04/2011, 2, 4 - D Resistant Corn Set for Approval
03/04/2011, Otago University Report Should be Withdrawn
08/04/2011, Fonterra Must Avoid Human-Cow Milk
04/04/2011, GE Free and Nuclear values Not 'Mythical
02/04/2011, NZ Cows Going Hungry? Otago Report Wrong
23/03/2011, GE Ruse Threatens Food Security
14/03/2011, Push-Pull Strategy Good For NZ
13/03/2011, Watchdog red-flags GM food -New Zealand Herald
08/03/2011, 100% Pure wins Prize
05/03/2011, Fonterra 'Red-listing' Undermines New Zealand
28/02/2011, Consumer Demand for GM-Free Food Gives New Zealand The Advantage
22/02/2011, 'No-Clone' Decision Vital for New Zealand
19/02/2011, Seed Bio-Piracy Disguised as Science
13/02/2011, Improved Animal Performance Good News for NZ
07/02/2011, Farmers Kept in Dark about Non-GE crop innovation.
02/02/2011, EPA Bill must be independent of GE interests
24/01/2011, Bio-Security at GE Trial Site Gets Soiled
14/01/2011, Farmers Alarmed at Impending Approval of GE-Alfalfa
07/01/2011, Innovation Must Not Conflict With New Zealand GE Free Values
19/12/2010, Court Opens Door For Extreme GE Animal Experiments
16/12/2010, Nasty Surprises in GE Pine Trees
27/11/2010, High Court Listens to GE Animal Concerns
30/10/2010, GE pine tree information seriously flawed
22/09/2010, Could GE be the source of new virulent superbug: NDM-1?
11/09/2010, Biosecurity Risks after Quake Must Be Addressed
25/08/2010, Detection of GE DNA In Animal Flesh Renews Safety Concerns
14/08/2010, Smartstax GE Corn Leaves Food Standards Authority in Disarray
12/08/2010, Co-Existence with GE Plants Proves Impossible
08/08/2010, Cloned Meat Puts NZ's Reputation on the Line
01/08/2010, No Milk From Cloned Cows in NZ Supply
27/07/2010, Takeover Adds to Concern Over GE Animals
15/07/2010, Misleading Claims for GE Trees Don’t Add Up
30/06/2010, Supreme Court Leaves ERMA Responsible for GE
19/06/2010, No Criminal Liability’ Leaves Public Paying for GE Escape
15/06/2010, Available Clovers Leave No Room For GE In Agriculture
05/06/2010, GE Concerns Raised Over New EPA
12/05/2010, AgResearch GE-Animal Funding Threatened by FDA Fine
11/05/2010, GE Animal Court Papers Filed
04/05/2010, ERMA To Cancel GE Animal Approvals
01/05/2010, Deformed GE Animals Unacceptable To New Zealanders
28/04/2010, Amended Version GE Animals Case To Go To The Supreme Court
20/04/2010, Deadly GE mutation leaves NZ Dangerously Exposed
15/04/2010, ‘Carte Blanche’ Approval for GE Animals warrants Immediate Court Action
14/04/2010, GE Animal responsibility spread to Rate payers and Councils.
13/04/2010, NZ Scientists Warn Against GM Plans
10/04/2010, Fonterra In Firing Line From GM Milk
24/03/2010, Decision on GE Animals Must Go To Supreme Court
21/03/2010, AgResearch Business Partners Face Financial Collapse?
09/03/2010, Migrants Warned Over Foodtown’s GM Maize
01/03/2010, Time to Stop the Clock on Application For Thousands of Unknown GMO Organisms.
15/02/2010, Can the taxpayer continue to pay for Regulators costly decisions
05/02/2010, Animal Bio-reactors: An Unacceptable Cost to New Zealand Public
14/01/2010, UK Supermarkets Won't Take NZ Products Fed GM Grass
24/01/2010, GE Animals Case Heads to Appeal Court
22/12/2009, Food Authorities Playing Russian Roulette
20/12/2009, Three Variants of Toxic Maize Could Be In NZ
10/12/2009, Public Give "Thumbs Up'"for Ban on GMO's
05/12/2009, Will New Zealand burn while ERMA fiddles?
01/12/2009, All GE trial facilities must be shut down at Plant and Food
20/11/2009, Support for Inghams from An Unlikely Source!
17/11/2009, Application for GE Animals obscures Serious Biosecurity and Animal Welfare threats.
09/11/2009, Call For Submissions on New GE animals Leaves Public in the Dark
03/11/2009, NZ Exports and Health at Risk from GE Corn
26/10/2009, GE Animal Application decision Gets received for Re-assessment.
19/10/2009, NZ Courts Disaster With GE Fodder Crops While Better Options Ignored The AgResearch
05/10/2009, GE Canola pollen contaminates Australian honey.
21/09/2009, Dr. Neil Macgregor's death leaves a lifetime of integrity and scientific excellence 1939-2009
09/08/2009, Farmers Already Have Better Options than GE pasture crops
19/07/2009, NZ Agriculture Threatened by GE Animal Fodder Crops
30/06/2009, GE Animal Legal Appeal Is Against the National Interest
29/06/2009, MAF fails in safeguards over GMO financial liability
07/06/2009, GM animal applications invalid – High Court appeal upheld
20/05/2009, Inappropriate Science Investment Risks Pushing NZ Off-track
17/05/2009, Shopper beware 'GM-Free Chicken' Made with GM crops?
13/04/2009, GM Crop Failure Offers a Cautionary Warning For Farmers
23/03/2009, New Photos of GE Trial Reveals Repeated Breaches
19/03/2009, New Zealand's Lucky Escape After GE Trial Breach
12/03/2009, Abandoning Bio-Ethics Will Damage New Zealand
10/03/2009, Biotech Animals Case Goes to High Court
28/02/2009, Vaccine Roll-Out Is Wrong Without Honest Advice
19/02/2009, Scientists Condemn Human Experiment with GE Food
11/02/2009, New Zealand Better Off After GE trials Cancelled
10/02/2009, GE Brassica Field trial to be halted - Joint Media Release
12/01/2009, NGOs Visit GE Field Trial Site Today - Joint Media Release
20/01/2009, GE activists call for trials to be ended - David Williams Environment reporter - The Press
24/01/2009, Public Forced to Pay for Officials to Investigate GE Trial Breach
22/12/2008, Flowering GE Brassica field trial threatens Canterbury horticultural
29/11/2008, GE Onion Approval Is Bad Science and Bad Business
13/11/2008, GE Onions Will End In Tears
11/11/2008, Government Must not weaken G.E. Rules that Protect New Zealand
04/11/2008, Papers Filed in High Court
23/10/2008, New Zealand Stolen By Stealth
21/10/2008, Report Shows Food Authority is Failing New Zealand
11/10/2008, Public Own New Zealand Brand, Not AgResearch
07/10/2008, Will Horse Industry's GE Vaccine Devastate Native Species?
01/10/2008, Fonterra's China Losses a Warning for AgResearch Partnerships
26/09/2008, The Future of NZ is GE Free
19/09/2008, AgResearch Falters in NZ Fashion Stakes
08/09/2008, AgResearch Attack Misleading
31/08/2008, Maori do not Support Transgenic Animals.
30/08/2008, Fonterra’s Future at Risk from GE Milk
25/08/2008, Australia Harmed by GM Canola Crop
20/08/2008, Adverse Effects from GE Thyroid Treatment Raise Alarm
11/08/2008, AgResearch Vision Won't Fit With Clean Green New Zealand
19/08/2008, AgResearch application a Recipe for Disaster.
13/08/2008, MAF Rules Forcing Risky GE Experiments Outdoors
03/08/2008, Storm Damage to GMO field trials
31/07/2008, Zespri Staying GE-Free.
30/07/2008, Food Watchdog Praised for Withdrawing Contaminated Rice
29/07/2008, Great Leader Mourned
28/07/2008, Kiwi Fruit Growers Must Keep It Natural
25/07/2008, Forestry Industry must aim for quality
08/06/2008, NZ Farmers Warned Against GE Feed
08/06/2008, Public Losing Faith in ERMA Process
27/05/2008, NZ Delegates Fight African's over GM Tree Regulation
26/05/2008, New GE Animals a Threat to New Zealand's Export Reputation
12/05/2008, Legal Decision Paints Dim Future For GM Crops in NZ
16/04/2008, “Restore Moratorium”: GE Failures Threaten National Interest
11/04/2008, GE Push Could Prompt Civil Conflict
01/04/2008, Ground Breaking GM Case on Cauliflower, Cabbage Broccoli reserved decision
26/03/2008, GM Brassica High Court case two day hearing on 31st March.
17/03/2008, N.Z taxpayer could be left, yet again, with a contaminated GE site to clean up.
02/03/2008, Money Wasted; Public Left in Dark Over Non-GE Way to Feed World
17/02/2008, MAF Claims Rabbits 'Part of PR Stunt' in GE Trees Trial Breach
09/02/2008, NZ’s Experimental GE Brassica Could Create Resistant Insects in Just a Few Years.
01/02/2008, Food Companies Keep Faith with Consumers Over GE-Free Policy
21/01/2008, Bovine Export Ban Shows NZ Losing Out
19/01/2008, GE Animal Feed OK for Humans: Scientists' Warnings Ignored
16/01/2008, Demise of GE Sapling Trees.
15/01/2008, Containment Breach of GE Trees.
12/12/2007, Fonterra Threatened by Plan for GE Cows
20/12/2007, "Corn Chips genetically engineered but not organic"Consumer Alert
09/12/2007, Spread of GE Cows
27/11/2007, GE Plants Spread Genes into Wild Relatives
21/11/2007, Farmers Are Earning Significant Premium for Staying GM Free Says Minister
17/11/2007, Praise for Trans-Tasman Food Giant's GM-Free Policy
18/10/2007, River Fishing Would be Threatened by GM Plants
20/09/2007, ERMA To Face Legal Challenge Over GE Trials
10/09/2007, Breach of Protocols in GE Field Trial
22/08/2007, GE Vaccine Implicated In Foot and Mouth Incident
10/08/2007, FSANZ Approval of GM animal food into human food chain regardless of safety doubts
05/08/2007, Food Labelling Plan Brings Strategic Benefit for New Zealand
31/07/2007, Insurers Must Have Data to Cover GE Risks
30/07/2007, New GE Liability Laws Needed to Protect Public from Officials' Mistakes
29/07/2007, FSANZ Clearance of GE Corn Plays Russian Roulette with Our Health.
26/07/2007, GE Brassica Hearing date not set.
21/07/2007, GE Free NZ support NZFSA on stand against the use of FOS in baby formula’s.
21/07/2007, Minister Urged to Heed Scientists' Warning on Hi-Lysine Corn.
08/07/2007, NZ Authorities Must Heed New Warnings on Flawed Regulation of GE
05/07/2007, Call For Ban on GM Trees
25/06/2007, GE Brassica Trials - High Court Papers Filed Today
17/06/2007, ERMA Given Notice of Possible High Court Action
05/06/2007, Ministry for Environment takes 3 months to Respond on Flawed GE Review
29/05/2007, ERMA's GE Decision Heading Towards High Court
28/05/2007, GE Brassica Approval lacks common sense- but nice job for some
21/05/2007, Endocrine Disruption Linked to GE Crop Sprays
15/06/2007, Russian Scientists Raise Red Flag Over GE foods
07/05/2007, Official's Remain Silent as More Scientist's Warn of Risk from Approved GM Corn
04/05/2007, Report Reveals Risks to New Zealand's Insects and Soils
10/12/2006, GE Free Submission to ERMA on GMF 06001 (Bt Brassica)
20/04/2007, Compelling Evidence Presented Against GE Trial
15/03/2007, Food Authorities under scrutiny for approving harmful GE crop
12/04/2007, GE Inquiry Threatens Public Confidence in Regulators
10/04/2007, GE Decision Ring Fenced from Common Sense
12/03/2007, Sickness and Death in Animals Eating GE Bt Cotton Raises Alarm
11/02/2007, Minister must use veto to maintain food safety
09/02/2007, New Success shows way for NZ Research
08/02/2007, Concerns that Authority's Bias is compromising safety
03/02/2007, MAF Officials Subverted Rules Intended to Protect NZ
04/02/2007, ERMA Officials Warned Against Misleading Claims and Hype
23/01/2007, Council Faces Legal Challenge for Ignoring Public Submissions
04/02/2007, Proposed GE vegetable trials are "off strategy" for New Zealand and claims by Crop and Food that their research is of national benefit are ill-founded.
07/01/2007, Patent on 'Terminator' Potato Shows Labour Party Policy Lacks Moral Integrity
06/12/2006, ERMA is working hard to prevent a legal loophole resulting in hundreds of public submissions against GE field trials becoming invalid.
09/05/2006, References for 1820 Sheep died grazing on the harvested GE cotton land
19/11/2006, "Public Should Be Paid" For Challenging Misleading Scientists
13/07/2006, Removal of GE Free (NZ) from forum is totally unacceptable
16/10/2006, Contaminated Rice Row Prompts Call to Ombudsman
06/11/2006, NZ Authorities Asked to Test for GE Rice after US Contamination
09/08/2006, Drug Trial Disaster: Lessons Ignored By Authorities
10/09/2006, Food Authorities Delay Response to GE Rice Contamination
03/08/2006, Approval sought to contaminate food with biofuel corn
29/06/2006, Auckland City adopt a precautionary approach to Genetically Modified Organisms
02/06/2006, Planning for Agricultural Database Ignores the Patently Obvious
24. May 2006, Cancer- causing GE Therapies Signal Urgent Need for Diagnostic Tools
9. May 2006, 1820 Sheep died grazing on the harvested GE cotton land.
29. April 2006, GE Food Alert as More Illnesses Linked to Bt Crops
12. April 2006, Labelling Bill Needed to End Consumer Deception
7. April 2006, New Zealand's Exporters Sent a Warning by International Protests
29. March 2006, Africa and biotech
28. March 2006, NZ speaking with a forked tongue over Terminator
27. March 2006, NZ Embassy in London Hit by Terminator Protest
23. March 2006, NZ's Billion-dollar Reputation at Risk for Backing Terminator
19. March 2006, GE recombinant drugs result in life threatening reactions
2006, Clean green image will
be wrecked unless government goes with the flow
16. March 2006, NZFSA is called to test for unapproved GE contaminant in Baby Rice
11. February 2006, Forcing Unsafe GE Food on Consumers Destroys Legitimacy of WTO
09. February 2006, Whangarei vs WTO (Soil & Health Association of New Zealand)
31. January 2006, NZ Under Threat for Joining "Axis Of Evil" on Terminator
27. January 2006, Community Backing for Maori Call to Ban Terminator Seeds
10. January 2006, Ministry Urged to Act As New Study Shows GE foods May Harm Unborn Babies
23. December 2005, Big Brands Promise Kiwis a GE-Free Christmas17. December 2005, Kellogg's "New Oil" A Turn-off at Breakfast
15. Decembe 2005r, BioEthics Council Backing for Xenotransplantation is Premature
01. December 2005, Government Scuppers "Buy NZ- Made" Campaign at First Opportunity
30. November 2005, NZ Urged to Follow Swiss Lead on GE Referendum
27. November 2005, Food Authorities Challenged for Failure to Test GE Food
24. November 2005, ERMA Warned that Decision on GE Cows May Face Legal Challenge
23. November 2005, ERMA Faces Protest over GE Cows Approval
20. November 2005, ERMA Failing Public by Forging Ahead with GE Cows
16. November 2005, New Report Sounds Warning Bells for Local Authorities
01. November 2005, Amendment Approval received for New GE Cows
09. October 2005, Call for MAF to improve biosecurity protocols
03. October 2005, Public badly let down by ERMA
28. September 2005, ERMA's exclusion of public in GE decision shows need for new Biotech Commissioner
17. September 2005, New GE Contamination Pushes Liabilty to Top of Agriculture Agenda
15. September 2005, Minister Warns Seed Companies Over GE Contamination
08. September 2005, "No Approval for New GE Cows" says ERMA
02. September 2005, Gene Transfer Found in Soil at GE Cattle Site
01. September 2005, Food Authorities Betray Consumers By Opposing Country of Origin Labelling
23. August 2005, Only stopping bulk GE imports will prevent contamination
21. August 2005, AgResearch GE Cow Application Contravenes Law: Minister Must Use "Call In" Powers
18. August 2005, GE Contamination Shows New Regulations Are Needed to Protect New Zealand's Economy
16. August 2005, Call for Cross-Party Consensus to protect GE-free Production in New Zealand
02. August 2005, New Wave of GE Trials Must Not Sideline Public
31. July 2005, ERMA's New CEO Faces Ethical Challenge To Win Back Public Trust
28. July 2005, GM Maize Sought
27. July 2005, Law Change Needed to Recover Costs of GM Contamination
27. July 2005, Govt should have as-of-right access to GE test results
27. July 2005, Organics hampered by Govt inaction
26. July 2005, UK Scientists Find "The Impossible" Growing after GM Field Trials
24. July 2005, ERMA's Ethics to be Tested by Latest GE Cows
18. July 2005, Jim Sutton must raise isssue of compensation with US Agriculture secretary
14. July 2005, Biosecurity New Zealand's Systems Draft has Moth Holes
13. July 2005, AGResearch claims about transgenic milk are misleading
03. July 2005, GE Cows Threaten NZ Dairy Industry: Minister Must Use call-in Powers
26. June 2005, Labour Will Ruin NZ's 'Clean Green' Image
23. June 2005, Whales May Survive But New Zealand's Reputation May Not
23. June 2005, Food Recall Demanded in Light of Rat Trials of MON 863
17. June 2005, Developing Nations Slam NZ for 'May Contain GM' stance
13. June 2005, Medical Milk Could Do More Harm than Good
09. June 2005, Alarm at Increase in School Sickness : Action Needed on Bt 10
07. June 2005, Australia Threatens Sanctions over NZ Biosecurity Measures
07. June 2005, Japanese Discovery Raises New Alert on Bt 10 Corn
05. June 2005, Fear Of Boycotts as NZ De-rails International Agreement
03. June 2005, Groups Call for UN CBD Moratorium on GE Trees
02. June 2005, New Discovery of Illegal Bt10 in Corn Shipments
01. June 2005, Labour Re-discovers 'Socialism' at International Conference
31. May 2005, NZ Shamed By Stance Against Liability for GMO's
27. May 2005, Food May Be Increasing Antibiotic Resistance
25. May 2005, GE Lollies Given away to Kids Angers Parents
23. May 2005, Australia's Split from NZ on GM labels Threatens Trans-Tasman Agreement
12. May 2005, NZ Authorities Silent on "Unbelievable Sloppiness!" as EU blockades GM Corn
11. May 2005, "Catch 22" As Trans-Tasman Authority Blocks Information
03. May 2005, EU bans Illegal Corn As NZ Authorities Approve It
18. April 2005, EU Bans Bt10 Corn: NZ Authorities Urged to Take Action
16. April 2005, NZ Urged to Follow US and Fine Biotech Firm
05. April 2005, Minister Urged to Intervene on Illegal GE Corn
04. April 2005, Scientists Rubbish Official Claim that Illegal GE Corn is Safe
31. March 2005, EU Seeks New GE Testing System: NZ Urged to Halt GE Approvals
24. March 2005, US Admits Exporting Illegal GE Corn: NZ Authorities Questioned
18. March 2005, Defeat of GE Moratorium Bill Threatens Biotech Future
15. March 2005, Cadbury's GE Ice Cream Confuses Consumers
14. March 2005, Kiwis Mark World Consumers Rights Day: People Around the World Say No To GMO
10. March 2005, New Zealand Urged to Help Iraqi Farmers
07. March 2005, Study Raises New Health Concerns Over Agro-Chemical Used on GE Plants
02. March 2005, Minister Misleading Parliament over Terminator Support
21. February 2005, Illegal GE Corn Turns Up In Food
20. February 2005, MAF's Flawed Biosecurity Policy Sabotages Corn Crop
18. February 2005, New Zealand Institute of Gene Ecology: Responsibility Urged Over Terminator Tech Release
16. February 2005, Minister Misleading Public Over Terminator Trials
14. February 2005, Minister Must Reject Unethical Research on Terminator Seeds or Resign
11. February 2005, Kiwi Farmers Import Sheep's Ear for Cloning: A Threat to NZ Exports
10. February 2005, Stop Terminator!" Government Urged as Canada threatens International Consensus
08. February 2005, NZ Farmers Warned Over Loss of Access to Seed
07. February 2005, GE Company Seeks Approval for Animal Feed in Human Food
01. February 2005, GE Free NZ: Commerce Commission Warn Consumers 'Check Labels'
26. January 2005, Consumers Deceived as US GE Corn Arrives on Supermarket Shelves
09. January 2005, GE "Dialogue" Research a 'Waste of Time'
19. December 2004, High Court Decision Leaves GE Sites Exposed
09. December 2004, GE "Dialogue" Research a 'Waste of Time'
01. December 2004, Public back concerns over soil contamination: National audit needed
28. November 2004, Refusal to Monitor Soil Health Puts NZ at Risk
19. November 2004, Scepticism over GE " Breakthrough" : Crop and Food barking up wrong tree"
11. November 2004, US Government Report Warns "Mill GM Seeds to Stop Contamination"
08. November 2004, 'GE Solution' Threatens More Than Just Possums
31. October 2004, Seed Purity Laws Vital to Protect NZ's Future
30. October 2004, Referendum on GE-free Option Is Government's Best Antidote to Protests
21. October 2004, Exports Threatened by National's 'Corngate' Policy
20. October 2004, Lesson of Corngate is to Make Leaf-disc Tests Compulsory
13. October 2004, New Seed Security Measures a Boon For NZ Farming
4. October 2004, New Seed Security Measures a Boon For NZ Farming
23. September 2004, No system to recall Monsanto Corn as confusion reigns
20. September 2004, Food Authorities 'OK' Rat Trial Data on GM corn
19. September 2004, Demand for Recall of Suspect GM Corn Has Food Authorities Scrambling
06. September 2004, Breaches Undermine Public and Investor Confidence in GM regulators
02. September 2004, MAF's Plans for GE thresholds Threaten NZ's Economy"
24. August 2004, Welcome Mat for Biotech Investment Must Have Strings Attached
21. August 2004, HART bill changes "a sham response" to public concern over Human GE
August 2004, GE Free NZ calls
for tests on maize to determine if cause of contamination
28. July 2004, MAF warned against GE seed sellout
2. July 2004, MAF Liability for GE Costs Must Be Passed to Gene Company
20. Juny 2004, Concern over GE experiments reaches High Court
3. Juny 2004, GM Labelling Failure puts Brand Reputations On Line
2. Juny 2004, "Double Standards" in Government's Acceptance of Corngate Payout
30. May 2004, Concern at ERMA delegates approval of new GM food experiments
23. May 2004, ERMA challenged over cavalier attitude to science
15. May 2004, Emergency: Government Must Set up Fund for GE Contamination
13. May 2004, GM Maize threatens future seed purity
12. May 2004, GE
Polluters must be held liable
12. May 2004, Shadow cast on GE foods as Monsanto drops GE wheat
09. May 2004, NZ Government ban on GE tree trials essential
06. May 2004, Hope that New GE Vote may counter MPs' ignorance
06. May 2004, Scientists in fear of GM industry Backlash
30. April 2004, Antibiotic Resistance behind withdrawal of GM Maize
29. April 2004, NZ government urged to defend EU against US law suit
26. April 2004, TVNZ guilty of breach of standards
1. April 2004, "Faulty testing of GE corn puts NZ maize under a cloud."
31. March 2004, Public Urged to oppose GE wheat Application
29. March 2004, "Iowa's "pharma crop" could decimate New Zealand's exports
24. March 2004, NZ risks squandering opportunity of the century
23. March 2004, Councils can make their own rulings on GE
20. March 2004, Praise for Supermarkets' GE-free chicken
11. March 2004, PPL collapses- Is Monsanto Next?
11. March 2004, GE companies will be held 'Liable'- says UK Government
10. March 2004, Concern over GE link to fever and vomiting
8. March 2004, US Contamination Shows Need to Re-establish Moratorium
4. March 2004, US County Bans GE Crops
3. March 2004, NZ submissions overwhelm Australian Labelling committee
29. February 2004, Scientist breaks protocol with urgent warning on GE food
2004, Floods illustrate risks of accidental spread of GE
21. February 2004, Mr Bolger too late to save sheep or scientific credibility
20. February 2004, GE Piggies go to market in Quebec
19. February 2004, GE Wheat Application a threat to New Zealand’s daily bread
09. February 2004, Call for Change in Research Funding as GE Fails where Conventional Breeding Succeeds
04. February 2004, Warning on NZ GE animals as avian flu jumps to humans
03. February 2004, Call for NZ ban on Pharmaceutical crops - 100% separation unachievable
20. January 2004, Ban called on human and animal stem cell experimentation as hybrid cells created
19. January 2004, GM Contamination a threat to Regulation- NZ needs to back EU
15. January 2004, Crop and Food selling NZ a 'lemon' as sister agency drops GE Wheat Project
14. January 2004, New Data prompts demand for ERMA to reconsider ‘science’ of GE onions
13. January 2004, Sir Peter Elworthy’s legacy: the protection of New Zealand
22. December 2003, ERMA decision fails the test of good science
22. December 2003, Seminis- GE onion Partner- Blamed for Contaminating Tomatoes
19. December 2003, Timing of Erma Decision insensitive to Christmas
11. December 2003, Sell-out Over Country of Origin Labelling
11. December 2003, NZ falling behind EU on Legal liability
7. December 2003, Veil of Secrecy prompts Ombudsman Appeal
4. December 2003, Farmers must get cash for Contamination
28. November 2003, GM-Free Labelling "Impossible"
27. November 2003, Oversized Fish Cause Concern
27. November 2003, Scientific Data goes Up in Smoke
2003, Conflict Looms Over GE-free Labels
25. November 2003, ERMA Warned over Inadequate Scientific Monitoring of GE Animals
21. November 2003, GM Contamination of Mexican Maize
17. November 2003, Overseas markets need urgent Government reassurance on GE release.
13. November 2003, Secret planning a threat to food safety
11. November 2003, Scientists warn of risk to consumers from lack of tests on GE food
10. November 2003, Science compromised in GE Decisions
7. November 2003, Authorities Turn Blind Eye to Containment Breach
7. November 2003, Restructuring Risks Undermining NZ Export Reputation
6. November 2003, Soil tests useless as GE Onions study riddled with flaws
4. November 2003, Organic food production could be forced out of existence
4. November 2003, ERMA faces 'defining' Cultural Test
2. November 2003, Onion application a disgrace
1. November 2003, Media Advisory
30. October 2003, Dismay as ERMA blocks hundreds from GE Hearings
30. October 2003, Government does "dirty work" for biotech industry
29. October 2003, Anger as ERMA reveals planning for GE release
2003, Biotech Companies Cause Havoc with GE contamination
23. October 2003, Zero Threshold for GE contamination welcomed.
22. October 2003, Call for Resignation as MP Dumps Democracy
20. October 2003, Call for Legal Challenge to protect GE-free production
17. October 2003, Britain's Farm Scale Evaluations on GE Crops show caution needed
16. October 2003, Scientist says destruction of GE sheep a national scandal
16. October 2003, PSRG release Open Letter to the New Zealand Government
15. October 2003, Government criticised for failing to monitor health risks
15. October 2003, MP's betray National interest
15. October 2003, GE Minister called to Account for Misleading Statements
13. October 2003, Government loses credibility on GE science and democracy
13. October 2003, Nation pleas for government to protect GE-free production
2003, Councils call for GE moratorium extension
10. October 2003, Revealed: Hundreds of Acres of GE trials Planned
9. October 2003, Physicians & Scientists for Responsible Genetics
9. October 2003, Insurance refused for Government's Irresponsible GE Gamble
7. October 2003, Time New Zealand exercised its right to ban GE crops
6. October 2003, Government Abandons GM-Free production
27. September 2003, More proof that Government must legislate to preserve GE free production
24. September 2003, Scientists back extension of GE moratorium in challenge to ERMA
24. September 2003, No Resolution of Problems in Sight
23. September 2003, Otago GE research confirms national interest in protecting GE-free food supply
19. September 2003, Co-existence does not work.
18. September 2003, PPL Therapeutics in financial collapse.
18. September 2003, GE contamination may impact protocol ratification
16. September 2003, PSRG calls for the reinstatement of the GE Moratorium
15. September 2003, Industry lobby rules GE policy
5. September 2003, Parents denied ‘right to know’ what they are feeding their babies
4. September 2003, Garlic industry crushed
29. August 2003, Minister says she supports 'informed choice' for customers
20. August 2003, Call for ban on Genetically Engineered Humans
18. August 2003, Secrecy over GE onions rings alarm bells
13. August 2003, Gene Patents - profiteers must carry liability too
11. August 2003, ERMA urged to support Moratorium on GE-release
11. August 2003, Government Must Quit Unethical Attack on EU at WTO
8. August 2003, Finding Alternative Source for Seed is NOT "impossible"
8. August 2003, ERMA urged to support Moratorium on GE-release
6. August 2003, Meacher warns select committee and government ministers of GE risks
2. August 2003, Audit vindicates public's lack of confidence in ERMA's regulation of GE
1. August, 2003, ACT and Aliens back Life Sciences Push on GE
1. August, 2003, Monsanto's
safety tests riddled with flaws
31. July 2003, Prince Charles joins GE-Free campaign
30. July 2003, Issue "Bigger than Nuclear" says GE-Free Conference
25. July 2003, Law must protect GE-free production- MPs told
23. July 2003, Planting of GE Trees Prompts Export Warning
22. July 2003, NZFSA study to help establish safety of herbicides
19. July 2003, NZ government subsidizing biotech at public expense
18. July 2003, GE Trees planted out last week
18. July 2003, Bio-security warning over disposal of GE Sheep
17. July 2003, Minister should call in application until 'independence' of scientific advisors is evaluated
17. July 2003, Time to rethink ‘animal bioreactors’ as sheep set for slaughter.
16. July 2003, GM problems "the tip of the iceberg"
15. July 2003, Wrong to seek ERMA judgement on Safety of GE onions
14. July 2003, GE Onions application should be withdrawn
11. July 2003, More GE corn contamination
10. July 2003, GE onions have “no benefit “ for New Zealand
9. July 2003, Answers needed on GE Corn Liability and seed imports
8. July 2003, ERMA cancels more public GE public meetings
7. July 2003, ERMA expertise and independent risk assessment lacking
7. July 2003, Hold GM Company liable for contamination costs
5. July 2003, Choice between moratorium or NZ economy
3. July 2003, Northland Council Chairman’s Report on GE
1. July 2003, Biotech lobby wants "don't look - don't find" strategy
28. June 2003, Kaipara District Council decides to stay GE free
26. June 2003, ERMA approval could cost the taxpayers millions
26. June 2003, BioEthics Council and NZ Catholic Bishops call for more public scrutiny
22. June 2003, Disposal of GE sheep presents massive biosecurity problem
19. June 2003, Authorities admit there were NO clinical trials on GE food
17. June 2003, Demand for New Zealand Laws to make GE companies liable
13. June 2003, Public submissions must not be discarded
11. June 2003, Supermarkets reject GE Foods
6. June 2003, GE Free call to enforce proper labeling of GE foods
6. June 2003, Scientists back Rural Women's stance on GE moratorium
6. June 2003, More international scientists warn against GE
5. June 2003, Land Values threatened by GE release- Surveyors Warn
4. June 2003, Call to Government for "People's Contract" as GE Contaminates Wheat
30. May 2003, Report shows GE will not feed the world
27. May 2003, School children vulnerable to biotech industry PR
22. May 2003, ERMA refuses soil-testing despite plan for more GE sheep
21. May 2003, GM contaminates organic farms